A visit to the 💦 Plan d’Eau Biotope in Combloux makes for a wonderful day of swimming and lazing, with a majestic view of the 🏔 Mont Blanc Massif as a backdrop!
Combloux boasts the 💦 first ecological mountain lake in France, in the most superb setting. The lake has been created for swimming and has more than 🌱 10 000 aquatic plants filtering the water in order to purify it, and it has a pretty waterfall feature; this ensures an optimal water quality, without the use of chemicals or chlorine. Naturally heated by the ☀️ sun, the water temperature varies from 19°C to 26°C, so grit your teeth and enjoy!
🍏 Picnics are allowed on the large green lawn (though you must use a picnic blanket!), and there is also a restaurant on-site: Le Dandy – chemin d’Arvillon, 74920, Combloux / tel: +33 (0)4 50 90 17 50;
There is a small roundabout on site and just above the lake is the adventure playground, one of our favourite playgrounds (see MBFF’s post Combloux Playgrounds) 🏔 au Pays du Mont-Blanc.
ℹ️ More information ℹ️
- 🏃♀️there is a short walk with information panels all the way around the lake (perfect for buggy walks & baby snoozes!);
- swimming shorts are NO LONGER allowed for swimming;
- 🐶 dogs are NOT permitted;
- WC with changing tables and a place to warm baby food;
- 🏊♂️ swimming lessons on request (3+ years);
- 🧘♂️ there are often yoga sessions / pilates / Tai Chi at the Plan d’Eau Biotope (see Combloux Tourist Office Agenda);
- arm-bands can be rented (deposit of 5€);
- 🌳 shade – there isn’t much in the way of shade at the 💦 Plan d’Eau Biotope, but you can rent out parasols (5€, plus deposit) at the entrance / some people bring their own little tent shelters to keep small babies and young children in the shade;
Other family activities nearby in Combloux
🍏 market – Combloux’s weekly market takes place on Wednesday mornings / address: 49, chemin des Passerands, 74920, Combloux;
🎶 concerts & summer activities – during the summertime, there are plentiful concerts and family activities on offer around the 💦 Plan d’Eau Biotope (yoga, pilates, Tai Chi . . .) and at Plan-Perret (the stage area next to the lake): 🎵 La Fête de la Musique, 🇫🇷 La Fête Nationale (14 juillet), 🎵 le Festival Baroque, BBQs, family sports & games . . . the Combloux softplay La Tanière de Tilou is often set up for these events / see Combloux Tourisme for more information;
🏃♀️ sports events – some big sports events take place in and around the 💦 Plan d’Eau Biotope:
- 🏃♂️ La Comblorane (running, hiking, mini-trail for children / 8th & 9th June 2019 / see website);
boulder hopping – there are some great boulders right next to the Plan d’Eau Biotope! / there is also a volleyball court;
🛴 playground, parcours & skatepark – at Louparc (just next to the school), there is a fabulous pumptrack, skatepark, playground and terrain multisport a short walk from the 💦 Plan d’Eau Biotope (so pack your bikes, skateboards, scooters and balls!);
🎾 tennis courts – Combloux’s three public tennis courts are located right next to the 💦 Plan d’Eau Biotope / there are stages offered during the summer months, see here / address: Plan Perret, route de Sallanches / reservations: 06 80 25 33 40;
🏃♀️ walks – there are some lovely family-friendly walks accessible in Combloux from the Plan d’Eau Biotope:
- « Balade 100% bio » loop around the 💦 Plan d’Eau Biotope – duration: 30mins / possible with cross-country buggies / see here for more details;
- « Sur Les Traces des Graniteurs » – a fabulous, informative walk on the trail of the old granite workers; 1h30 / this hike can also be done as a guided visit / see here for more details;
- « Balade Panoramique de Combloux » – up to pretty village of Ormaret, and the “sites remarquables de Combloux” / duration: 2 hours / see here for more details;
- « Petite balade sur le Sentier Baroque » – duration: 1h30 / see here for more details;
see Combloux Tourisme website for some more ideas for family walks . . .
🗓 2019 season – from 15th June until 8th September, every day from 11h to 19h (subject to change);
good to know – the entrance to the 💦 Plan d’Eau Biotope is limited to 700 entries per day, to enable the 🌱 plants to do their work, keeping the water clean! The opening hours are subject to change in the event of bad weather, or for cleaning purposes (the lake sometimes needs a rest!);
adults: 5€ / children (5-14 years): 4€ / children under 5 years: FREE!
adult season card: 50€ / child season card: 40€ /
family card (12 entrances): 40€ (valid only for one summer season);
good to know – from 17h (if the lake is not at full capacity): 3€ for adults and 2,40€ for children;
how to buy your entrance:
- online – at www.combloux.com (until 10h on the day of entry), from 2nd July 2018;
- at the Tourist Office in Combloux from 9h to 10h30;
- or directly at the 💦 Plan d’Eau Biotope from 11h onwards on entry day (MBFF always tries to get to the 💦 Plan d’Eau Biotope at about 10h30, to find a parking spot and to be first in line!);
address: Plan d'Eau Biotope, Plan-Perret, 74920, Combloux tel: +33 (0)4 50 58 60 32 website: Combloux Tourisme