🎨 Le Chalet des Créateurs in Saint-Gervais-les-Bains is a fabulous venture, bringing together:
- 🖼 a gallery showcasing local creative talent (45+ créateurs, with collections changing with each season);
- 🎁 a boutique with unique hand-made, local goods and gifts to buy;
- 🎨 a centre providing workshops for children and adults throughout the year (and especially during the school holidays);
- 🎨 workshop facilities for local artists;
A little history
Charlotte Paget is the protagonist in this artistic venture, and here is how she describes (on her website) her inspiration to start up the 🎨 Chalet des Créateurs: « Ma motivation première est de répandre l’énergie créative des talents français et locaux que je rencontre et ainsi vous faire découvrir le fruit de leur audace. À travers ma galerie-boutique, je vous embarque dans l’univers de créateurs passionnés ». (My primary objective is to spread the creative energy of the French and local talents that I meet, and hence to enable you to discover the fruit of their innovative work. Through my gallery-boutique, you can enter the universe of these passionate creators).
Charlotte decided on 🗻 Saint-Gervais-Mont-Blanc, at the foot of Mont-Blanc, to bring her idea to fruition and she chose an old 20th century family saw mill (scierie), the first in Haute-Savoie to use electricity rather than water power, to house her venture.
Saint-Gervais Mont-Blanc: a melting pot of art & creativity
Charlotte and her team chose a location in 🗻 Saint-Gervais Mont-Blanc to showcase their project . . . recently, this 🗻 alpine town famous for its thermal springs, has become a 🎨 pioneering contemporary artists’ hub, with its mayor Jean-Marc Peillex backing several innovative projects:
- 2KM3 (street art at the newly renovated multi-storey car-park (2017) and swimming pool frescos, télécabines art and La Poste (2018);
- Pile Pont Expo (the exhibition space in one of the two pillars of the viaduct);
- the exhibition space in the Maison Forte de Hautetour;
- the new La Cure;
- the Salle Géo Dorival;
- the open air museum in the Parc Thermal in Le Fayet . . . (see here for more details);
In the gallery-boutique of the 🎨 Chalet des Créateurs, you will find all sorts of artistic creations: paintings, photography, greeting cards, jewellery, home-made beauty products, «c’etait hier» products (traditional artwork), interior design items, children’s toys, fashion goods and even craft beer and other food!
[ ⇒ to see some of the artists currently showcasing their work, see here ]
There are plenty of 🎨 workshops, for both adults and children, to try out at the 🎨 Chalet des Créateurs.
[ ⇒ see here for the current list of worshops ]
🗓 opening hours: 🎨 Le Chalet des Créateurs is open from Tuesday to Saturday from 10h to 12h and from 15h to 19h;
website & FB page address: 900 route de Megève, Lieu-dit Le Robinson, 74170, Saint-Gervais-les-Bains tel: +33 (0)4 50 91 46 69 / +33 (0)6 02 33 11 75
3 thoughts on “Le Chalet des Créateurs (SAINT-GERVAIS MONT-BLANC)”