🎨 Le Chalet des Créateurs in Saint-Gervais-les-Bains is a fabulous venture, bringing together:
- 🖼 a gallery showcasing local creative talent (45+ créateurs, with collections changing with each season);
- 🎁 a boutique with unique hand-made, local goods and gifts to buy;
- 🎨 a centre providing workshops for children and adults throughout the year (and especially during the school holidays);
- 🎨 workshop facilities for local artists;
A little history
Charlotte Paget is the protagonist in this artistic venture, and here is how she describes (on her website) her inspiration to start up the 🎨 Chalet des Créateurs: « Ma motivation première est de répandre l’énergie créative des talents français et locaux que je rencontre et ainsi vous faire découvrir le fruit de leur audace. À travers ma galerie-boutique, je vous embarque dans l’univers de créateurs passionnés ». (My primary objective is to spread the creative energy of the French and local talents that I meet, and hence to enable you to discover the fruit of their innovative work. Through my gallery-boutique, you can enter the universe of these passionate creators).
Charlotte decided on 🗻 Saint-Gervais-Mont-Blanc, at the foot of Mont-Blanc, to bring her idea to fruition and she chose an old 20th century family saw mill (scierie), the first in Haute-Savoie to use electricity rather than water power, to house her venture.
Saint-Gervais-Mont-Blanc: a melting pot of art & creativity
Charlotte and her team chose a location in 🗻 Saint-Gervais-Mont-Blanc to showcase their project . . . recently, this 🗻 alpine town famous for its thermal springs, has become a 🎨 pioneering contemporary artists’ hub, with its mayor Jean-Marc Peillex backing several innovative projects:
- 2KM3 (street art at the newly renovated multi-storey car-park (2017) and swimming pool frescos, télécabines art and La Poste (2018);
- Pile Pont Expo (the exhibition space in one of the two pillars of the viaduct);
- the exhibition space in the Maison Forte de Hautetour;
- the Salle Géo Dorival;
- the open air museum in the Parc Thermal in Le Fayet . . . (see here for more details);
In the gallery-boutique of the 🎨 Chalet des Créateurs, you will find all sorts of artistic creations: paintings, photography, greeting cards, jewellery, home-made beauty products, «c’etait hier» products (traditional artwork), interior design items, children’s toys, fashion goods and even craft beer and other food! To see some of the artists currently showcasing their work, see here.
There are plenty of 🎨 workshops, for both adults and children, to try out at the 🎨 Chalet des Créateurs; see here for the current list.
🗓 opening hours: 🎨 Le Chalet des Créateurs is open from Tuesday to Saturday from 10h to 12h and from 15h to 19h;