🎭 Les Petits Asticots – the fabulous annual children’s festival 🏔 au Pays du Mont-Blanc & in the Chamonix Valley, which takes place during the 🍁 Toussaint school holidays – will be yet again offering families seven inspirational days of theatre, music, dance, circus and workshops from 23rd ⇒ 29th October 2021! This year is the 20th edition of the festival!
The MBFF family absolutely LOVE 🎭 Les Petits Asticots – not only are the shows of high quality, the festival is local and its scheduling during the 🍁 Toussaint holidays is just so welcome . . . the Toussaint holidays can seem especially long here 🏔 au Pays du Mont-Blanc, if the weather is bad; it’s often ☔️ cold and rainy, and without the fun of the yet-to-arrive ❄️ snow! Over the last couple of years, we have been able to choose lots of spectacles to suit the whole family – some for the older brother, some for the younger brother, some for both, and some for the whole family. We’ve really appreciated having such a wonderful festival on our door-step! 🎭 Les Petits Asticots has lots of options for little ones, from 18 months +;
The ticket offices will open this year on 1st October 2021 . . . and the 🎭 spectacles and 🎨 workshops fill up quickly; to avoid disappointment, have a peruse of the programme online, and then book!
🎭 Les Petits Asticots now uses TWO valleys (Chamonix Valley and Arve Valley) and 10 communes 🏔 au Pays du Mont-Blanc to host its spectacles and workshops, meaning that there will always be something relatively nearby:
- Chamonix – l’École de Musique et Dance;
- Les Houches – Espace Animation and Salle Olca;
- Servoz – Salle Jean Morel;
- Vallorcine – OT – Pôle Culturel;
- Passy – Parvis des Fiz;
- Sallanches – Salle Léon Curral and Pré Curral;
- Combloux – Office de Tourisme ;
- Saint-Gervais-les-Bains – MJC;
- Praz-sur-Arly – Salle de la Montagne ;
- Les Contamines-Montjoie – Espace Animation ;
🎭 Les Petits Asticots offers a rich and varied programme each year, incorporating theatre, music, puppets, dance, circus, creativity and magic . . . see the online programme for more details.
This year, there are performers from 14 compagnies :
As well as the spectacles, the festival offers some fabulous 🎨 workshops, aimed at different age-groups. On the agenda this year: radio, CNM, theatre, nature . . .
🎭 Les Petits Asticots spectacles and ateliers fill up very quickly, so you are advised you to book in advance, if possible. A billetterie is set up on the day at each event, but I have witnessed disappointed parents and children being turned away when shows have been full! Here is where you can purchase your tickets in advance: 👩 in person, 📞 by telephone, or 💻 on the internet (from 1st October 2019):
- Chamonix – Service Culturel de Chamonix: 101 place du Triangle de l’Amitié, 74400, Chamonix / tel: 04 50 53 75 17 (Monday to Friday from 9h to midday, and from 14h to 17h);
- Sallanches (Salle Léon Curral) – 213 avenue Albert Gruffat, 74700, Sallanches / tel: 04 50 91 56 46;
- Sallanches (Office de Tourisme) – 32 quai de l’Hôtel de ville, 74700, Sallanches;
- internet from 1st October 2021: www.les-petits-asticots.com;
💵 price: all the spectacles are priced at 5€; the workshops range from FREE up to 15€;
Advice for Families
The 🎭 Les Petits Asticots website has some helpful advice to prepare you and your little ones for sitting through a spectacle: ⇒ see here.