🏔 Combloux is definitely one of the most ⛷ family-friendly ski areas in the 🏔 Pays du Mont-Blanc, and skiing here will reward you with some of the most beautiful views of Mont Blanc and the mountains of Les Aravis and Les Fiz!
⛷Ski Pass Options⛷
You have different ski pass options to suit your family’s needs at Combloux:
- 🎿 Les Portes du Mont-Blanc – 100km of pistes link up Combloux, Megève Le Jaillet and La Giettaz and allow access to Cordon (10km of pistes aimed at younger or less experienced skiers). There are also 3 snowboard and boardercross areas;
- 🎿 Domaine Evasion Mont-Blanc – 445km of pistes, allowing access to Combloux, Megève, Saint-Gervais, Saint Nicolas de Véroce, Les Contamines-Montjoie and La Giettaz;
- 🎿 Forfait Journée Débutant – as a family with small children, we really appreciated this 12,50€ pass. With a three year old who had just started to find his skiing mojo last year, we couldn’t plan long family ski days, so simple options suited us well. This pass allows unlimited access to the drag-lifts of TK Les Brons, TK Les Garettes and TK Mowgli (sadly NO LONGER included is the one journey on the Télésièges Beauregard, which had also allowed for a nice lunch on the pistes en famille).
🌟 New for 2019 🌟
With the new les affûtés card (20€), you get huge discounts – and the discount increases once you’ve skied x10 times! And, the card works like at the péage, (the machines clock you in on each ski day), so you avoid the lines at the caisses!
➡️ for current price plans, see here;
➡️ for 🗺 ski pistes maps, see here;
⛷Beginner, Nursery & Family skiing⛷
It is FREE for under 5s to ski and there is equipment in place for very young skiers at Le Cry in Combloux: the jardin de neige is in a separate enclosed area and little ones (3 to 5 years) can join Piou Piou ski classes or Oursons here, or play at the outdoor the soft-play area La Tanière de Tilou (Tilou the wolf is the mascot of Combloux) – FREE to play!
There are also garderie (child care) services at Les Loupiots at Le Cry available during the main ski season / see here for more details.
⛷ Intermediate & Advanced Skiing ⛷
There are plenty of intermediate and more advanced slopes at Combloux for the more experienced members of the family, and there are boardercross zones in Combloux, Jaillet and La Giettaz and a new airbag in Le Jaillet.
⛷ zones ludiques :
La Petite Blanches (Combloux) zone ludique – on the blue piste Gentiane (accessible from Beauregard lift);
L’Ours des Prés (secteur Jaillet) zone ludique . . . along the green piste des Dames – tunnel, bridge and more! / also, Big Air Bag in Jaillet! / and in Combloux, la Petite Blanche along the piste de la Gentiane;
In addition, certain pistes are now left ❄️ “poudreuses” (with fresh powder) or with bumps after fresh ❄️ snowfall.
⛷ESF Cordon & Ski Lessons⛷
The 🎿 ESF Combloux ski classes are either group or individually-tailored classes. See the 🎿 ESF Combloux website for more details. You can now book lessons online up until 18h on the evening before the lesson, and you can book single lessons (as opposed to several at a time), leaving you flexibility. For special Gens de Pays formules, see here.
⛷ COMBLOUX SKI CLUB – there is a ski club and a pre-club in Combloux and also Ski Passion (Wednesdays, Saturdays and holidays, no competition) and the École de Glisse.
Ski Rando Nocturne – « L’échappée Rando » (Night Ski Touring)
New for last winter season 2018 / 2019, a ❄️ ski rando nocturne (night ski touring) . . . / 🗓 every Wednesday at 17h30, leaving from Parking de la Cry / with Decathlon & Wedze / price: 5€ (just the montée with guide) or you can rent all necessary equipment;
[ good to know: this initiative won an award! ]
🛷 Sledging 🛷
There are designated 🛷 sledging areas available at Le Cuchet (highest car park) and Le Cry (a smaller area, for wee ones, next to Garderie Loupiots).
❄️ Snow-Shoeing ❄️
There are several ❄️snow-shoe trails leaving from the Le Cuchet car park, as well as other trails in Combloux. See combloux.com for more details or pick up a snow-shoe leaflet from the tourist office. This is a great option for non-skiers in your group, and you could even meet up at one of the restaurants on the pistes.
There is a snow-shoeing route with a treasure hunt for families (aimed at children 7+ years) – which meanders through forest and alpage – called 🐺 « la randonnée des P’tits Loups »; you can pick up a leaflet from the Tourist Office or see here for more details and pdf to download.
Fat Bike & Fat Trottinette
In 🏔 Combloux, you can do a 🛴 descente Mountain Trott’ sur neige, with Alpes Aventures! / once the pistes are shut for the day, you head off from the summit of the Télésiège de Beauregard (at 1500m), and descend 600m, for an hour of fun skirting between the forest and ski pistes, arriving in Combloux village! / see here for more details / price: 40€, with a guide, helmet and Fat Trottinette included (you need to pay for télésiège, if you are not already in possession of a forfait);
You can also do a 🚵♀️ descente Fat Bike / see Combloux Tourisme for more details;
☕️ Eating Options ☕️
There are some great places to eat at ⛷ Combloux ski station, either on the pistes or at Le Cuchet or Le Cry:
- O’PB & La Taverne near the ESF building, ski hire shops, and jardin des neiges, at Le Cry;
- Chez Albert – conveniently located right by the bottom of the Beauregard chairlift / fast service, very friendly;
- Le Cœur d’Or – located at the top of the Beauregard chairlift (and then a short ski down) / there is an evening option to head up by motoneige and dine;
- Au Petit Cuchet and Le Chalet d’Emilie – next to the Cuchet car park;
- Le Chalet des Bachet – just down from the Pertuis chairlift / there is an evening option to head up by motoneige and dine;
There are some 🍏 great picnic tables, ready for sunshine, throughout the ski station . . . for example, on the La Croix blue piste, heading down from the Télésièges Pertuis (at blue markers 17, 15 and 10)!
There is also a 🍏 Salle Hors Sacs (indoor picnic room) near Le Cry ticket office for those days when picnics are rained or snowed off! (also at top of 🚡Le Jaillet télécabine and in La Giettaz car park).
🚗 Parking 🚗
There are 🚗 three FREE car parks with access to the ⛷ Domaine Skiable de Combloux: Les Brons (access to Caisses), Le Cry (small Caisses by Beauregard chairlift) and Le Cuchet (highest up). Arrive early to be assured a spot, as these car parks fill up quickly during the holiday season or busy, sunny, fresh snow days! (you will be directed on busy days). There is also a car park at Le Bouchet, nearer the centre of town, with access to ski station via téléski (snow cover dependent).
There is also a 🚌 FREE shuttle bus leaving from the Tourist Office in Combloux.
tel: +33 4 50 58 65 20;
website: see the Combloux Tourist Office website formore details; [good to know - look out for the Ambassadeurs de Combloux (blue jackets), who will be on the pistes to answer any of your questions! ]