The 18th edition of Les Petits Asticots – the annual children’s festival au Pays du Mont-Blanc, taking place during the Toussaint school holidays – will be yet again offering families six inspirational days of theatre, music, dance, circus and workshops from 20th to 26th October!
The MBFF team absolutely LOVE Les Petits Asticots – not only are the shows of high quality, the festival is local and its timing during the Toussaint holidays is just so welcome . . . the Toussaint holidays can seem especially long here au Pays du Mont-Blanc, if the weather is bad; it’s often cold and rainy, and without the fun of the yet-to-arrive snow! Over the last couple of years, we have been able to choose lots of spectacles to suit the whole family – some for the older brother, some for the younger brother, some for both, and some for the whole family. We’ve really appreciated having such a wonderful festival on our door-step!
The ticket offices will open on 2nd October . . . and the spectacles and workshops fill up quickly; to avoid disappointment, have a peruse of the programme online, and then book!
Les Petits Asticots uses seven communes au Pays du Mont-Blanc to host its spectacles and workshops, meaning that there will always be something relatively nearby:
- Chamonix – l’École de Musique et Dance;
- Les Houches – Espace Olca;
- Servoz – Salle Jean Morel;
- Vallorcine – Cour de l’École, Bibliothèque;
- Passy – Parvis des Fiz;
- Sallanches – Salle Léon Curral, Pré Curral;
- Saint-Gervais-les-Bains – Espace Mont-Blanc;
Les Petits Asticots offers a rich and varied programme each year, incorporating theatre, music, puppets, dance, circus, creativity and magic . . . see the online programme for more details.
As well as the spectacles, the festival offers some workshops, aimed at different age-groups.
Les Petits Asticots spectacles and ateliers fill up very quickly, so you are advised you to book in advance, if possible. A billetterie is set up on the day at each event, but I have witnessed disappointed parents and children being turned away when shows have been full! Here is where you can purchase your tickets in advance: in person, by telephone, or on the internet (from early October):
- Chamonix – Service Culturel de Chamonix, 101, place du Triangle de l’Amitié, 74400, Chamonix / tel: 04 50 53 75 17 (Monday to Friday from 9h to midday, and from 14h to 17h);
- Sallanches – Salle Léon Curral, avenue Albert Gruffat, 74700, Sallanches / tel: 04 50 91 56 46;
- Sallanches Tourist Office – 32, quai de l’Hôtel de ville, 74700, Sallanches;
- Internet from 2nd October 2017: www.les-petits-asticots.com;
Price: all the spectacles are priced at 5€ (price in 2017); the workshops range from FREE up to 15€;
Advice for Families
The Les Petits Asticots website has some helpful advice to prepare you and your little ones for sitting through a spectacle: see here.