Every Wednesday afternoon during the French school holidays, the Centre de la Nature Montagnarde in Sallanches organises worshops for children aged 6 to 12 years called Les P’tits Experts de la Nature.
Children are given a certificate booklet when they do their first workshop and they collect a stamp for each completed workshop. During their 2-hour workshop, they become little “experts” in different fields of nature!
My son took part in his first workshop during the February holidays, and he learned about animal hibernation (Le P’tit Hibernus) . . . he came home with a game of memory, which he created himself, centred around hibernating animals! He was delighted!
Workshops on offer this summer (part of Les F’Estivales de Sallanches):
• Wednesday 12th July: Le p’tit éclaireur
• Wednesday 19th July: Le p’tit expert de la nuit
• Wednesday 26th July: Le p’tit prédateur de la foret
• Wednesday 2nd August: Le p’tit musée
• Wednesday 9th August: Le p’tit forestier
• Wednesday 16th August: Le p’tit glaciologue
• Wednesday 23rd August: Le p’tit zoologiste
• Wednesday 3Oth August: Le p’tit artiste
Price: 6€ per child (parents are welcome, free of charge!)
Reservations: places are limited, so you must book directly with the Centre de la Nature Montagnarde: tel: + 33 (0)4 50 58 32 13
Château des Rubins
105 montée des Rubins
Tel: +33 (0)4 50 58 32 13
Parking: there is free parking in the Parking du Lévant/Chateau des Rubins just opposite